University leaders quickly learn that it is up to them and the team they lead to build their narrative for success. Otherwise, others will do it for them and the outcome may be less than optimal. Crafting a vision, building alignment, and championing execution are part of a vital, living breathing process that defines and activates mission, secures resources, and monitors impact.
What makes a strategic planning process successful?
- Clear and comprehensive grasp of internal and external opportunities and challenges
- Inclusive and transparent approach
- Empowered planning committee with broadly shared involvement
- Demonstrated investment of senior leadership
- Culture of learning from both successes and failures
- Well-crafted priorities and an implementation plan
- Commitment to change
What is included in a strategic plan?
- Mission—brief expression of the organization’s purpose
- Vision—description of the organization’s desired future state
- Values Statement—principles on which an organization is built
- Goals and Objectives—desired outcomes
- Strategies and Tactics—sets of activities needed to achieve the goals and objectives
- Implementation Plan—an organizational “user’s guide” to the strategic plan
How can Andrew T. Ceperley & Associates enhance our strategic planning effort?
Andy has worked with numerous leaders and their teams on well-articulated and comprehensive plans, designed to clearly articulate their organizations’ vision, mission, goals, objectives, and tactics.
All programs and services of Andrew T. Ceperley & Associates are Zoom-ready for safe, convenient, cost-effective, and powerful impact.