Higher education is changing at a more rapid pace than ever before. Just in the last three years, the way in which campus communities operate has been transformed. Teaching, learning, and campus operations have all pivoted, and with little warning. For many in administrative, student service, and teaching roles, their day-to-day workplace experience has been significantly disrupted by the Covid-19 pandemic as well as ongoing political, economic, climate, and racial unrest.
The Team Fitness Coaching framework responds to these challenges by integrating the aspirations of individual, group, and institution — and in the midst of dramatic change. TFC provides a shared language and understanding of what people are experiencing right now, while resourcing them with optimal habits for the future.
Nominated TFC Coach Leaders can represent a diverse complement of directors, deans, department chairs, professors, advisors, counselors, and other campus contributors. Coach Leaders will benefit if they can relate to any of the following statements:
- My role has become increasingly stressful in the last few years.
- My responsibilities have shifted significantly.
- Our campus hiring freeze means I am struggling to accomplish more with fewer resources.
- I am navigating work and life challenges associated with social isolation, child care, and other hybrid realities.
- I am not feeling as connected to the mission of my institution as I once did.
- I am stepping into a new role for which I feel apprehension.
- My office, department, or division is being reorganized.
- I am looking for professional development in the absence of traditional opportunities (i.e. conferences, training programs, retreats).
- I want to improve my engagement with students, colleagues, supervisors, direct reports, and even family members.
- I want to leverage this moment in time by jump-starting my creativity and adding fresh new value in the rapidly changing world of higher education.
- I want to ignite my motivation and realize renewed alignment with my values.
- I want to develop new habits to support my leadership aspirations.